Body Shape Tips
Sun, 05/09/2010 - 11:49 |
Image by:Capture Photography
Brides need to make sure their perfect wedding gown suits their body shape. These are some hints on what styles to go for according to your body shape:
- Apple: Try to accentuate your middle to make the most of your curves in an off-the-shoulder or strapless gown with an A-line skit to balance the body. A “V” shaped neckline can minimise the bust line.
- Pear: Choose a dress with a small A-line skirt to skim the problem area and balance the gown with a “V” shaped neck, add rouching and even a bit of padding to the bust. Avoid pleating or a bustle skirt that will add unwanted volume to the bottom of the dress.
- Hourglass: Most styles will suit this body shape but keep it sleek to accentuate the curves and avoid any high, round necklines or straight shapes and stiff materials. A slinky halter neck with the right width in the straps will balance the bust and hips.
- Yardstick: Once again an A-line skirt or empire line can give an illusion of curves, as can ruching and pleating on the bust. A bustle style skirt will give an added wow factor but the bodice must be fitted.
- Reversed pair: An elegant empire line dress will define the bust or a “V” shaped neckline, and eve ruching, will minimise the bustline. Choose a small A-line skirt to add volume to the bottom half of the body.